Thursday, May 10, 2018

Was the Fruit a Test?


Image result for Tree


Considering the weight and cost of my sin today as I do when I pray daily leading to my repentance even though I am forgiven. I repent daily. I am very thankful that Christ saved me from my sin and an eternity separated from Him. I am thankful for forgiveness through Jesus. Many folks, however, believe that Satan was the one that brought sin into this world. Or that God created sin because He created forgiveness through His Son.

Romans 5:12a: "Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned" This truth will enlighten us to understand the TRUE author of sin.....MAN! Adam, to be specific. Dr. Tony Evans writes, "The presence of this tree was a test of Adam and Eve's obedience, and a reminder of the Creator/creature distinction..."

Every time we are faced with a choice, it is a test of obedience to God, a test of faith in Him. It's when we turn to ourselves, we turn to pride and selfishness, that we reflect the character of Adam. It's when we live by faith and when we walk by faith that we are obeying God. This includes following His commands.

There are always choices to make. In the garden of Eden, there was one tree that was forbidden but many others to enjoy. In following Christ, in faith and obedience, there is always the right choice, the right road to walk. Sin leads us down the wrong path. Everyday, we face this. Everyday, the evil one tries to sway us to the forbidden tree to enjoy the taste of sin instead of living by faith in Christ.

Hopefully, you may know this...but how are you doing with the application of this?
Blessings, Pastor Brian


No comments: