Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Forgiveness possesses transforming power

Sunday night, as usual, we gather and separate in teams to go into the harvest close to the church facilities.  We meet a lovely young lady that allows us to pray with her and seems the visit is pleasant.  She is allowing the conversation to be spiritual and is open to what we are saying.  All of the sudden, as I was presenting the 3 circles, I get to SIN which separates us from God and ask her to define sin for me.  She immediately walked away saying "NO THANK YOU!"  A full shutdown.

"For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God" (1 Peter 3:18). "In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace" (Ephesians 1:7).

There cannot be forgiveness of sin without Jesus shedding his blood for our sin.  1 Peter writes, "Christ died for us to bring us to God."  Paul writes, "In him, we are redeemed" - through his blood where there is forgiveness of sin.  The rejection, sometimes painful to see, is of Jesus, not me.  It breaks my heart, but I won't stop praying for C as she walked back into the house probably bothered.  I pray that one small seed would enter her heart to reflect the visit we had and the small amount of gospel that was shared.  I pray that she would see the need for Jesus in her life.

 Image result for 3 circles

No comments: