Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Holy Spirit....Do work!

Image result for power of the holy spirit
The Power of the Holy Spirit.  A phrase most Baptists would run from.  It's almost like we are afraid of this wonderful power that Jesus has given to us.  We don't want to be labelled too Pentecostal though.  The Holy Spirit has been accused of stirring peoples emotions, making them raise their hands in worship and much more.  We think of other happenstances because He is greatly misunderstood. 

What about Holy Spirit given divine appointments?  A divine appointment is a meeting with another person that has been specifically and unmistakably ordered by God. Yet I sometimes wonder how many of these supernaturally scheduled meetings I’ve missed because I didn’t have my spiritual radar turned on.  The Scriptures say, “The steps of a righteous man are ordered by the Lord.” Psalm 37:23 After decades of walking (off and on, but mostly on) with God, I can tell you that seeing God set up these “appointments” is a thrill that is beyond comparison.  (familylife.com - definition of "divine appointment")

We pray before we go into the harvest on Sunday afternoons for the Holy Spirit to go before us and make divine appointments that God wants us to have.  Such as driving up to a court in Allen and meeting a dad with his two kids playing as we park and get out of the car to talk to them.  I shared the gospel with Dad and older child (12 yo) and they graciously listened.  6 knocked doors later, I get to share the gospel with a 20 yo, who is intent on listening to what I have to say.

My prayer is that the Holy Spirit uses these words.  My prayer is that the Holy Spirit convicts the heart of the listener.  My prayer is that the Acts 1:8 power of the Holy Spirit will empower me to share the gospel and be the witness that God wants me to be.  It's for the glory of Christ!  For the kingdom!  I just want to be faithful in sharing the gospel.  I'll keep looking for divine appointments that the Holy Spirit has for me and I pray that I will notice them and be ready to share.

God Bless, Pastor Brian        

No comments: